Doggy Bed Break is a place just for dog owners where you can experience the luxury of an airbnb, the warmth and hospitality of a homestay with a local, and the comfort of having your dog sleeping with you in your room as a valued guest.
Drive past the orchard and pond with luscious soft green lawns up to a lovely home set amongst rolling run out fields and native bush. A small creek runs through the park like grounds with Kauri and Rimu trees setting the scene for a stunning valley retreat. Three minutes from Warkworth and twelve minutes from Matakana and surrounding vineyards and tourist hotspots. The property contains ponds, a mature orchard, bush tracks and waterfalls. Take a gentle stroll around the park like gardens or if you’re the adventurous type, pop on some tramping boots and go for a hike up the valley to our own waterfall. The property backs onto the Te Araroa trail.
Lower living area and outdoor gardens and lawns. 125 acres of native bush to explore.
Other things to note
During the week, there are dogs coming and going (outside only) for their pack walks. Dog minding and pack walks are available upon request and subject to availability.
- Pay TV
- Air conditioning
- Indoor fireplace
- Washing machine
- Essentials: Towels, bed sheets, soap and toilet paper
- Net Flix
- Central heating or a heater
- Hot water
- Kitchen: Space where guests can cook their own meals
- Continental breakfast is provided
- Dishes and cutlery
- Cooking basics: Pots and pans, oil, salt and pepper
- Barbecue utensils
Long-term stays allowed: Allowed to stay for 28 days or more
Bed and bath
- Hair dryer
- Bed linen
- BBQ grill
- Smoke alarm
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Check-in: After 4:00 pm
- Checkout: 10:00 am
- Not suitable for children and infants
- No parties or events
- Pets are allowed
- Smoking is allowed
Smoking outside. Dogs are allowed to sleep in the room on the provided dog beds only.
Safety & Property
- No carbon monoxide alarm
- Smoke alarm
You must also acknowledge
- Pet(s) live on property — Two dogs, three cats (who are used to dogs) but please control your dog if they are prey driven. There are sheep and chickens next door.
- Amenity limitations — Limited water during summer due to being on tank water.
- Potential for noise — My main business is dog walking so if you stay during the week, you might see a pack of dogs coming through - all under control though!
- Must be able to climb stairs — One flight of carpeted stairs with handrail.
- Some spaces are shared — Living area of lounge, dining, kitchen and outdoors
- Security Deposit - if you damage the home, you may be charged up to $500
Add your trip dates to get the cancellation details for this stay.