The Hobbit Motorlodge is a charming, purpose built alpine lodge and motel complex. The Hobbit aims to offer its guests the best accommodation in town. It is the accommodation of first choice for many repeat and discerning guests due to its' quality, spacious rooms and high standards of cleanliness and service.
Ideally located between the Ohakune mainstreet and Junction (winter nightlife area) on the road to the Turoa skifield and 45 mins to Whakapapa it is surrounded by beautiful mature native and exotic trees and offers its guests a quiet alpine retreat.
Our facilities include an outside spa pool amongst the trees, Sky TV and FREE Wireless Internet. For the skiers we have racks in every room, a substantial drying room and the mountain shuttle services can pick you up from our entrance.
Visitors are spoiled for choice of activities no matter what the weather – look at the full details on our activities page – Ohakune and its surrounds offers so much.
THE HOBBIT NOW A DOG FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION STOP
The Hobbit has now a ground floor studio unit available for guests with dogs.
Guests requiring our dog friendly unit must book directly by phone or email.
A charge of $25 applies to all booking with dogs.
Our resident dog manager, Poppy the Golden Retriever, looks forward to welcoming you and your pet.
Please note the Terms and Conditions that apply to pets located on the Accommodation page of this website.
Dog Friendly Accommodation
A ground floor studio unit is available for guests with dogs. Guests must book directly by phone or email. A $25 charge applies to all bookings with dogs. There is a maximum of two dogs in the unit. See terms and conditions below for our pet policy.
- Outside spa pool
- Sky TV
- Wireless internet
- Studio units
- 2-bedroom units with or without cooking facilities
- Spa bath units with mountain views
- Lodge bunkrooms each with Sky TV, communal lounge and kitchen
- Drying room
- Guest laundry
- Indoor ski racks in all units and studios
- Ample off-street parking
- Mountain shuttle to the door
- All amenities for your stay – iron, hairdryer, heated towel rail and electric blankets
Terms and Conditions
HOBBIT PET POLICY.
- SKI SEASON approximately 15 June - 31 October: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. A DEPOSIT OF TWO NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first 2 night's accommodation upon making reservation.
- MID-WEEK SPECIAL: A deposit of the full value of the booking is payable at the time of the booking.
- MARDI GRAS WEEKEND BOOKING CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATION POLICY: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. To confirm a reservation we require credit card details including expiry date (secure bookings via www.the-hobbit.co.nz). Your credit card will be processed immediately for the 2 night's accommodation. The equivalent of a third night's accommodation will be held on your credit card as a bond. This will be applied in the week preceding Mardi Gras. The bond will be returned in full within 24 hours of checkout providing the room does not require additional cleaning and is undamaged. Notice of intended cancellation received more than 14 days prior will be refunded less 10% cancellation fee. Bookings cancelled less than 14 days prior will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee i.e. NO REFUND.
- SUMMER: A DEPOSIT OF ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first night's accommodation.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Ski Season: All cancellations must be notified in writing, by email or post more than 7 days prior to your arrival. If more than 7 days notice is given your deposit will be refunded less a 10% booking fee. If a cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to arrival, the deposit is non-refundable. There are no refunds for early departure.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Summer (November 1st - June 22nd): All cancellations must be notified in writing or by email. If more than 24 hours notice is given your deposit will be refunded less a 10% booking fee. If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours prior to arrival, or if you do not arrive, the deposit is non-refundable.
- No visitors are allowed in rooms after 10pm. Any damage to the room or property may be charged, plus a charge for any resultant loss of income if applicable.
- This is a non-smoking complex, smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms or buildings on the property. Failure to comply with these conditions may incur cleaning and loss of income charges.
- Accommodation charges are based on the number of guests booked at the initial booking. Any additional guests will be charged for.
- A $25 charge applies to all bookings with dogs, max of two dogs per unit.
- Dogs are not permitted on the beds/furniture and not to be left UNATTENDED in the room.
- Any damage and soiling will result in a charge to the guest. A specific register form is required to be completed on arrival.
- Droppings must be picked up and disposed of in outside rubbish bins.
- Dogs must always be on a leash when outside unit.
- Please bring your own pet beds, food and water bowls.
- If your dog is unruly, barking, or considered dangerous, and causes issues for other guests, you may be required to leave the premises.
- If you are staying for multiple nights, please advise the office of a suitable time to service your room when the dog will not be there.
The Hobbit Motorlodge
80 Goldfinch Street, Ohakune, New Zealand
Your Hosts: Fran and Mark Binning
Phone: +64 6 385 8248