Highland Escape is a brand new, three bedroom, architecturally designed home situated under the Ben Ohau Range, on 4.6 hectares.
Just 400m away you can find one of the Mackenzie’s famous canals, full of trout and salmon. Less than three kilometers away is Lake Ohau, a great lake for kayaking, fishing, boating or swimming if you’re feeling brave enough to face the chill!
Only 15km from the small town of Twizel and surrounded by ski fields, mountains, hikes as well as mountain biking and horse riding tracks.
Want to bring your horse or dog on holiday with you?
We can accommodate that! BYO fence, feed and water bucket. We have trimmed the pine trees to provide some shelter and we have 4.6ha to choose from. It IS rabbit land so this we why we suggest you bring a fence to choose a flat area to use.
Twizel is a playground for any hobby, to name a few;
- Skiing at the Ohau Ski Field
- Photography around lakes, ponds and mountains
- Helicopter and plane trips to glaciers, near to Mount Cook and all it's walks and sights
- Boating, fishing and water sports year round with 5 lakes to choose from
- Salmon fishing in the canal just a few hundred metres away
- We are just 3km away from Lake Ohau, a cold but stunning lake, abundant with trout.
- The Ben Ohau range we are situated below also allows for dogs and horses which is why we try to accommodate these pets also.