Villa - Greenstone Retreat
Greenstone Retreat has 3 accommodation options to suit all budgets. Natural, quiet and environmentally friendly setting on the edge of the village. Unlimited Wi-Fi, Self Catering Kitchen facilities, Large gardens, quality beds and interesting features.
"In the middle of everywhere, and away from it all".
The Historic 3 bedroom Villa can be booked as a whole private home all year round for upto 8 people or as individual rooms (winter only). History, art and comfort with all you need. At the back there are new peaceful and comfortable small dormitory rooms sleeping 4 in each. Access to new bathrooms, Wi-Fi, undercover kitchen and barbecue.
Large gardens offer camping options for tents and small vans (no powered sites). Greenstone Retreat offers pet-friendly, quirky and homely accommodation on the edge of the village of Kumara. Short walking distance to Wilderness Cycle Trail, walks, park, glow worms and hotel.
Just 20 minutes drive to Hokitika and Greymouth and within an hour of Punakaiki and Arthurs Pass. Free private parking is available on site.
The nearest airport is Hokitika Airport, 19 km from Greenstone Retreat.
This self-contained historic holiday home features comfortable and spacious rooms, indoor and outdoor dining areas, artistic touches, a wood burning fireplace, Fully equipped self catering kitchen, heaters and a bathroom with a shower and bath. Unlimited Wifi, books and board games. Towels and linen are included.
Double or Twin room with garden view
Budget double room
4 bed mixed dormitory room
- Entire unit located on ground floor
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor dining area
- Board games/puzzles
- Drying rack for clothing
- Toilet paper
- Garden view
- Cleaning products
- Dining table
- Additional bathroom
- Trash cans
- Body soap
- Wine glasses
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Seating Area
- Tumble dryer
- Electric kettle
- Dining area
- Bath or Shower
- Additional Toilet
- WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
- Pets are permitted outside during the day and only inside to sleep on their own beds at night.
Food and Drink
- Shared kitchen
- BBQ facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Designated smoking area
We also have
- Large gardens with lots of space for children and dogs to run around.
- Peaceful location on the edge of the village surrounded by trees to climb and birds.
- Plenty of dog friendly short walks close by along with the beach.
- Walking distance to park, shop and hotel.
- West Coast Wilderness trail minutes away, and bike storage available.