Acorn Cottage is a quaint restored 3 bedroom 1880's country cottage overlooking park like Gardens of established trees and a pond.
*Pond and River nearby for dogs to swim or kids to go eeling.
*Located 15 minutes/20km north east of Masterton in the Bideford Valley on a sheep and beef farm you can explore. *Ideal for couples who want a private quiet weekend or families that want to get back to nature and away from the computer!
* Cosy log fire for winter
*All linen supplied, including towels - Beds are made with crisp white sheets and feather pillows/duvets.
*kitchen/living/dining is open plan with a warm log burner fire and carpet/wood floors.
*Everything you need for baking/cooking meals..just bring a roast and settle in.
*Enjoy the bliss of marginal mobile phone coverage out here..but phone and wifi available at the main house for anything urgent.
*Bring gumboots in winter.
Dogs are really welcome and love it here but cats beware. We have a double kennel available for visiting dogs to use. It’s a farm type kennel with a box and wire run. We also have “mucky towels” that we put in the house for muddy paws and making a bed by the fire! Maggie the Black Labrador loves having visitors to play with. Lots of rabbits to chase and space to run.
Downstairs bedroom is double and there are 2 bedrooms upstairs - one is twin and the other is a double with a single also. Morning sun on the front verandah overlooking our garden and evening sunsets on the back verandah looking out to farmland and Bowlands historic stables and woolshed. Big clawfoot bath with shower over it. Tennis court, space to run, big old trees to climb. Old towels provided as extra for muddy feet and paws or making a wee bed by the fire! Old fruit trees to pick from when in season. Feed swans and ducks, or challenge yourself to mountain biking (bring your own bike) walk or run the extensive and breathtaking farm tracks. Enquire if you would like to taste our single vineyard pinot noir which is available to buy for guests. You can have complete quiet and privacy and just spend quality time together.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
- Sleeps 7: Rm 1: 1 double Rm 2: Twin Rm 3: 1 Single + 1 Double in same room
- Linen provided
- No disabled access
- Children welcome
- No smoking
- Dogs are allowed inside, but cats are not welcome
- BBQ (Gas)
- Boat parking
- Cleaning equipment
- Cleaning supplies
- Electric heat
- Fire place
- Fire wood supplied
- Games and Books provided
- High Chair
- Linen and Towels Provided
- Oil heaters
- Outdoor furniture
- Tea, coffee, sugar etc
- Tennis court
$175.00 per night a couple $35 per extra person
Discounts for bookings of 4 nights or more at some times of the year.
Ask about The Woodshed Cottage as extra accommodation when you book Acorn Cottage for a larger group.
Georgie and Jamie on 06 372 4805 or 021 712 049 or fax 06 372 4099 and please mention Pets Can Come Too
- We think the beauty of Acorn Cottage is you wont want to go anywhere else! So pack some gorgeous food, wine, (try Moore Wilson in Dixon Street) books, magazines, games and walking shoes then just stay put! Lots of farmland to walk, run or bike on and fresh clean air. Kids can explore and play happily, you can enjoy a warm sunny spot on the verandah! Dogs love it.
- To explore the beautiful Wairarapa full of great wineries and places to walk. visit www.gowairarapa.co.nz for ideas and we can help with directions.
- For your reference Masterton is 15 minutes drive, Carterton 25 minutes, Greytown 35minutes and Martinborough 45min. Riversdale and Castlepoint beaches are 45 minutes drive - a great day trip.
- Ask us about where to eat for dinner and we can organise a booking for you depending on what you like.