Forest Hill Cottage is a dear little cottage nestled in the Herbert Forest 20 mins South of Oamaru, completely private - nearest neighbours 300 yards away. 15 minutes to Moeraki boat ramp and plenty of room for the boat. Horses also welcome to graze overnight or for longer periods as there are 30 acres of farmland surrounding the cottage. Wild birds abound with Tuis and Wood Pigeons regular visitors.
Close to Wainakarua River and walks. Swimming holes within easy access. BBQ area is covered. A very peaceful relaxed environment even though it is only 5 minutes from SH1. Owners live up the drive 1km away and are always happy to help with any questions or goods that may be required.
- Sleeps 6: 1 Queen beds, 2 Single beds
- Linen not provided
- No disabled access
- Children welcome
- No smoking
- We do allow animals inside as long as they are clean and dry and have their own beds. Feeding can be done in the lean to. Also there is a spare kennel with run adjoining the cottage.
- Boat parking
- CD player
- Cellphone coverage
- Cleaning equipment
- Clothes line
- Extra Toilet
- Fire place
- Fire wood supplied
- Heat pump
- Outdoor furniture
- Tea, coffee, sugar etc
- Washing Machine
$130.00 per night for up to 2 guests
$15.00 per extra person
Linen is $10 extra per bed
Ask for Lesley or Brian, and please mention Pets Can Come Too
- Lovely little beach at Moeraki and river close by - very safe for children.
- The penguins in Oamaru only 20 mins up the road.
- Dunedin City only 1 hour away.
- Country walks, easy driving to and from major centres.
- Easy access for boat into sea from Oamaru/Kakanui/Moeraki.
- Beautiful forest especially in Spring time.