Orinoco Cottage is set on our 5ha property in the beautiful Orinoco Valley and located well away from traffic noise this very tranquil and well appointed house looks out onto the Mt Arthur Range in the Kahurangi National Park.
The house is carpeted throughout and is tastefully furnished. Aside from 3 bedrooms there is also an enclosed sun room off the lounge with a double sofa bed. In the bathroom there is a large ball and claw bath with a separate shower in the laundry.
For outdoor living the paved patio with views around the valley has a twin plate gas BBQ and outdoor furniture. The water supply is the purest of spring water sourced from an underground spring.
2 minutes to the Motueka River, 15 minutes to Motueka, 35 minutes to Kaiteriteri, Abel Tasman National Park and Kahurangi National Park walking tracks, 50 minutes to Nelson and just over an hour to Golden Bay and Nelson Lakes National Park.
Excellent trout fishing, picnic spots, swimming, art and craft outlets, vineyards and restaurants are virtually on the doorstep. Numerous bike riding trails, both on and off road. Low traffic volumes in the Motueka Valley area.
The Orinoco stream meanders through the property with picnic sites and safe playing areas for children. Feed the tame eels. We have a large hedge maze to challenge your navigation skills and also ‘Meadowbank' Art Studio and Gallery, exhibiting a visual feast of colourful paintings in all media, etchings, and a number of World of Wearable Art entries.
ORINOCO COTTAGE IS A TRULY MAGICAL PLACE TO STOP AWHILE.
The cottage has beautiful mountain and pastoral views. 1/2km of the Orinoco Stream meander through the property with picnic spots and small swimming holes. Exploring our 5ha property is encouraged. The mature hedge maze is a challenge, feeding the eels is fun, and the art gallery inspiring.
For guests whose dogs love to swim, both on the property, and on the Orinoco stream, there are a couple of small swimming pools for water-loving dogs. Or they could join many of the locals who take their dogs to various swimming beaches down the road on the Motueka River.
The garden fence around Orinoco cottage is dog-proof (as long as they aren't jumpers), as is the 1ha approx. paddock between the drive and the cottage.
- Sleeps 8
- 1 Queen bed/1 Queen bed+1 single bed/2 single beds/1 double sofa bed
- Children are welcome
- Pets are welcome inside provided they bring their own beds. However we request that guests acknowledge the courtesy being extended to them in being allowed to share their holiday with their pets, and that they leave the cottage in the same high standard in which they find it. Unless your dog is a fence jumper there is a large area for it to roam free in.
- No disabled access
- CD Player
- Non smoking property
- Linens are provided
- Boat parking
- Cellphone coverage
- Clothes line
- DVD: Library with more than 100 DVD's
- Electric blankets
- Electric heat
- Free WIFI is available, but only from our patio 100+ meters away from the cottage.
- High chair
- TV's are in both the lounge (42") & dining room (32"), both on Freeview.
- Books, magazines and games.
- Low Season - 01/05 - 30/11 - $110 per night for 2 pax. $15 for each additional person.
- High Season - 01/12 - 30/04 - $120 per night for 2 pax. $20 for each additional person.
- Holiday Season - 23/12 - 31/01 - $130 per night for 2 pax. $25 for each additional person.
There is no child rate. Only babies in portacots FOC.
03 526 8623
- Trout fishing and Motueka River swimming beaches less than 5 minutes away.
- Numerous ocean beaches, walking trails, restaurants, wineries and craft outlets throughout the region and within close proximity.