Welcome to The Lodge at Te Rawa:
The Lodge at Te Rawa is open for business 7 days a week.
Owners Rob and Anne Brabazon would like to welcome all returning guests and new customers to inspect our refurbished bar and restaurant and view our luxury accommodation units.
We have added a coffee shop with stunning sea views, selling freshly ground espresso, freshly baked cakes and scones, and ice cream along with great second-hand books for your holiday reading.
We welcome your phone enquiries on +64 3 5798285 or email us at email@example.com
See you soon
Nestled in lush native bush on the crystal-clear waters of Pelorus Sound, Te Rawa offers magnificent views, total relaxation and all the comforts of home in a unique aquatic environment. Wake up to the sounds of the waves and native birds, relax in the sun and watch the emerald green waters and beautiful bays or spend some time kayaking, fishing, or hunting.
Accessible only by boat or helicopter, The Lodge at Te Rawa allows well behaved pets in their Tui and Bellbird apartments.
– The Bellbird apartment has a Queen bed in the bedroom and 2 squab beds in the living room for extra guests.
– The bedroom in the Tui apartment can either be configured as a King bed or with two single beds. There are squab beds in the living room for extra guests.
The Tui and Bellbird apartments are fully self-contained and are equipped with a bathroom and shower, as well as kitchen and dining facilities with laundry service available on site.
The Lodge At Te Rawa is fully licenced and guests can enjoy our intimate bar at any time during our licenced hours. You can either self-cater or dine in our sea-view restaurant, where we offer lunch and dinner as well as a selection of fine wines from the Marlborough region and beyond.
Our coffee shop serves fresh espresso and gourmet ice cream and has an amazing view while you wait for our barista to prepare your coffee the way you like it.
Spend your time exploring the Marlborough Sounds on land or sea. Use one of our kayaks or dinghies and explore the Sounds on your own or spend your day on one of our bush walks watching out for wild goats, weka and much more. If you want to catch your own dinner you can hire some fishing gear to try your luck in one of the best fishing areas of New Zealand. The Lodge at Te Rawa is close to all the good fishing spots in the area where you can catch blue cod in season, snapper, kahawai, terakihi, gurnard and even the odd kingfish during the summer months, with charter boats available for more serious fishing. If guests prefer to stay on land, they can stroll around the shoreline at low tide, or walk the hills to neighbouring bays through forests of native bush. We can also arrange for a walk over neighbouring farm hills for breath taking views of the outer Sounds, Maud Island Wildlife Sanctuary and the distant open sea.
With no road access, you can travel to Te Rawa in your own boat, in our water taxi, the mail boat from Havelock or by plane from Wellington or Picton to a nearby airstrip where we collect you in our water taxi for the very short boat trip to Te Rawa. The helicopter service from Picton is highly recommended, as it allows for fantastic scenic aerial views of the Sounds and a landing right on our jetty!
The Tui and Bellbird apartments are set in native bush and boast magnificent views over the sparkling blue waters of the bay.
Help us stay pet friendly
Please read these rules carefully so that you are fully aware what we expect of our guests with pets. It is hoped you understand that these rules are necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests.
1. Please advise us about your pet at the time of booking.
2. Pets must be kept under control: Please make sure that your pet does not cause annoyance and is as quiet as possible. We have an excellent relationship with our neighbours who operate a large sheep farm. It is essential that dogs remain within our boundaries and do not interfere in any way with our neighbour’s farming operation.
3. While we do not charge for your accompanying pet we reserve the right to levy a charge for any damage caused by your pet or to recover the costs for any extra cleaning that may be required as a result of your pet.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
• Contact Details (name, address, phone number)
• Requested arrival date
• Requested departure date
• Number of guests (adults and children)
• Desired accommodation option
• Whether a mooring is required
We will get back to you with your confirmation as soon as possible