Kakanui Camping Ground is a relaxed friendly camping ground situated near the mouth of the Kakanui River. You will find Kakanui by travelling 10 minutes south of Oamaru, along the costal scenic road.
Take a short walk along the riverside to the local store/bottle store, with fruit and vegetable stalls along the way. Enjoy fishing, swimming, surfing or looking for penguins within walking distance.
We have 30 Caravan and tent sites available, with power to some of these, available on request.
Our facilities block is clean and tidy, including a small lounge with television within the kitchen/dining area, Laundry facilities including coin operated washing machine and dryer. All our facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- Sites available for all camping, from tents vans & buses.
- Toilet and shower facilities, including paraplegic toilet.
- Kitchen area available
- Free access to Local penguin sanctuary
- Laundry Available
- Limited Power sites available
- Pets are welcome on the camping ground site as long as they are keep under control. Pets are not allowed in the building containing camp kitchen/ lounge or the cabin.