Mountain Valley Adventure Lodge with cottage, chalet, lodge, bunkhouse and campsite accommodation and horse trekking, rafting/kayaking, fishing, archery, claybird shooting, paintball, mountain biking, tramping, walking activities.
Don't miss out! Visit Mountain Valley Adventure Lodge for a stay in a hidden valley right on the banks of the mystical Mohaka river. Here you'll find a warm New Zealand welcome along with the widest selection of iconic Kiwi wilderness adventure pursuits in the region. Just come for the day or stay over and let us build the perfect itinerary for you.
Share the Magic
- Escape for a while from the pressures of the modern world.
- Share magical moments with friends and family.
- Take your photos and memories, leave just your footprints behind.
- Let our local team share their passion for our secret hideaway.
Stay a while
- Overnight in our homely cottages, chalets or lodge rooms.
- Camp by the river or pull up to a powered site.
- Let us treat you to our plentiful home cooked meals.
- Chill out with a glass of local Hawke's Bay wine on the deck as you listen to the sounds of the wilderness.
- Marvel at the sunsets and the stars of the clear night skies.
- ..... is what defines us. From mild to wild, we'll indulge your quest for adventure.
- Free your spirit on our rivers on scenic or white water rafting and kayaking trips.
- Taste the pure air on our wilderness trails on foot, by horse or mountain bike.
- Catch fighting trout in the Mohaka just a stone's throw from the lodge.
- Join us on a Maori heritage vehicle safari or a mountain walking adventure in the nearby ranges.
- Sleeps: 76 in beds + campers
- 2 cottages, 4 chalets, 7 lodge rooms, 2 bunkhouses.
- Cottages fully self-contained plus two ablution blocks – 12 showers, 11 toilets.
- Pets are welcome but outside only
- Smoking outside only
- Linen provided in all rooms but limited in the bunkhouse
- Washing machine & dryer
- High chair
- Tea, Coffee, sugar, etc in all but bunkhouse and tent sites
- Limited cell phone coverage
- In the restaurant we offer full or continental breakfasts, packed or cooked lunches, and a tasty and filling hot meal for dinner.
- The bar includes a new lounge area with air conditioning in the hot summer months or a convivial wood burner for those winter chills.
We are constantly upgrading, expanding and enhancing what we offer here at Mountain Valley. Here are some of the exciting developments for the 2009/10 season.
- Paintball - Set amongst beautiful bush land next to the Mohaka River you will find Hawkes Bay's newest Paintball experience. We offer several adrenaline pumping games which require different strategies to out-play opposing teams. Paintball is a fun, teambuilidng game for all abilities, occasions and events with communication being the key to success. Birthday Parties, Corporate, Stag and Hens Do's, Social Club, Workmates, Friends, Family - get your team together and come on out.
- Hot Deals and Packages - With so much on offer, we have some exciting new packages. And if that's not enough, check out our hot deals page for a plethora of enticements to get you and your friends here on the wild side of wine country!
- Qualmark - We have been re-assessed by New Zealand's Quality standards auditor and awarded 'Endorsed Visitor Activity' status for the second time for our river activities and horse trekking operations. This involves an exhaustive and rigorous assessment process covering everything from customer care and product information to safety, equipment and the quality of the activity itself. But don't take our word for it - check out what it means to book with a Qualmark provider on the website - http://www.qualmark.co.nz/
Horse Trekking - Over the past 6 months we have reinvented our entire horse trekking operation. We now have 8 new trekking horses which have undergone rigourous induction training to join our team of mounts, for both novice and experienced riders. With much new gear and skilled enthusiastic new guides, we are proud to be Hawkes Bay's largest, and only Qualmark endorsed trekking operation.
Maori Heritage Vehicle Safaris - Developed for any sized groups who may not have time to stay with us at Mountain Valley, our all new vehicle safaris can begin and end in Napier or Mountain Valley. These are a superb way to gain an understanding of the local history, legend, flora and fauna while also being especially suited to guests who may wish to be less active.
Now we've got your attention, don't wait - contact us now to take advantage of some of our hot deals or packages and book your wild side adventure.
From $8 (children) in non-powered campsite per day to $130 per day for the cottage
Julie Batt, 06 8349756